| I have decaled the windows, coated
them with clear (flat) laquer and masked them off, as well as drill
out the crew quarter windows and the running lights.
Unfortunately, when I mounted the
fore flashing light, the fibre cable was too short by the time I ran
it around the saucer so as not to interfere with the upper
fibres. I mounted the thing as cleanly and tightly as I knew
how - removing it will be very unpleasant.
Later, I've confirmed that removing
that mistake would be difficult indeed. I filed down the
inside of the hull, made a micro-drill hole to seat the larger bit,
then drilled out the remaining fibre. When it came out, I was
able to clean up the original hole, ready for another try.
I'm out of large-diameter fibre, need to get some more. In the
mean time, I've installed the port and starboard fibres.