I was then ready to lacquer the ship,
but realized that the windows hadn't been done yet! I figured
that I should seal the graphite (used for non-lit windows) with the
lacquer, so I completed this step. Sasser
waited until the second to last flat lacquer coat until he did his
windows, but I figured the more lacquer over the graphite the better.
I removed the caulk plug over the
electrical port and plugged in the ship so that I may see the fibre in
the windows. I tell you, it was a real moment to see all the
lights come on how I left them June
Upon completion of this step all the
windows light up perfectly, and I am pleased with the brightness of
the blue light behind the primary deflector - it's not too bright and
not too dull.