This site requires multifactor. First posts are moderated, they won't be approved until this step is completed. There are reasons for this, please see the following article for more:
I know it's a pain, it's easier than it looks. I recommend opening a new browser tab with these instructions for reference.
- Fill out the form below. When done, click Submit and check your inbox.
- If you don't get an email within 3 minutes and you've checked your junk mail folder, please go to About -> Contact Us and let us know.
- Your password should be 12 characters or more, but it can contain anything, even just lower case letters. This is stronger than 8 characters with a bunch of letters, numbers, characters, etc.
- Open the email from Whisper, click on the URL provided which will take you to the login screen
- Login with your username and password. You will be taken directly to the User Profile screen. Scroll down to where it says Two-Factor Options. The resulting steps look hard - don't worry, it's easier than it looks.
- You can now choose your multifactor method. I recommend FIDO U2F but you can also use Google Authenticate. Email is an option but it's pretty weak, use this only if you have to. Dummy token is for testing - don't bother. If you select this your account won't be enabled.
Fido U2F : Select this option, then register your security key lower on the page. Note : You need to be using Chrome for this to work.
Google Auth: your smartphone (Android or iPhone) will need an app to generate access codes, I recommend the following:
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication
- Google Authenticator (metal looking "C")
- Your password manager if you already have one that can generate TOTP codes
- After you've installed one of the above apps, click on "View Options". Start the app you've downloaded and add a new account, the camera will turn on - show the square computer code to your phone, it'll do the rest. 😉
- Enter the code generated into the field shown and click "Enable". That's it, you're all done.
In the top-left, click on Whisper Loudly with the Home icon to start using the site - you never have to see the profile / setup screen again. When you log into the site in the future, use the app when it asks you to "enter your token".
Ready? Here we go:
Only administrators can add new users.